I recently did an interview with Michigan Movie Magazine, held at my agent, Curt Howe’s office in Ferndale. Jordan Trovillion and I were both being featured in the local movie mag as up and coming young actresses. Also in the same issue was an article about Sucker, in which Jordan played the female lead, Evelyn, and I was makeup and hair assistant.
Still from Big Screen Entertainment's upcoming Sucker
Kimberley Kates in Sucker
Monty Bane with Jordan Trovillion in scene from Sucker
The last photo is from an article on DreadCentral.com, a nice piece they wrote on Sucker.
Anyway, back to that interview! The videos were posted awhile ago but I just came across them and wanted to share them with you!
Also, some fellow web-savvy chicks in the EU contacted me recently to ask about my experience filming with Ciaran Hinds on Salvation Boulevard! They were gracious enough to include a link to my site, and in case you’d like to check theirs out, click here! Thank you Sylvie! They do have a lovely photo of Mr. Hinds as Jim, his character in Salvation Boulevard.
As always, thank you for stopping by my blog and stay lovely!
1) I finally buckled and joined IMDb Pro, so that I could post headshots with my account. My agent felt it was time. I think he’s right. Curt Howe, you rock! And now I have a “Vanity URL”: http://www.imdb.me/cindychu
3) I was also cast as Michelle in Riddle, which is reportedly starring Val Kilmer, and as of this posting, my shoot date for this is the day before my shoot date for SB. Riddle is shooting in Pittsburgh, PA.
4) Yoshiko on the Dunes premiered last night at the Michigan Theater as part of the U of M‘s senior thesis films event! It was shot on a Canon 5d Mark II, and ended up looking sooooo beautiful. Congratulations, Micah Vanderhoof! I played the part of Naoki, Yoshiko’s friend, and also helped voice Death.
5) Sucker is wrapping up, we’re on our last week of shooting, and I am so happy that I was able to work on it on the production side. It was such a great experience and I think it’s going to be a huge success! I met a lot of amazing people, like Lloyd Kaufman, who was in for a day last week. Check out Bloody Disgusting’s article on the film! Follow Lloyd Kaufman on Twitter! And huge kudos to Big Screen Entertainment and Big Screen Michigan for bringing their movie-making magic to our wonderful state. And here’s my little shoutout to the DPs, aka the Directors of Photography on Sucker. The Deka brothers have amazing vision, and in fact, Julien Deka said the translation for director in French is réalisateur, and his translation of that into English was one who makes dreams reality. Nice! It’s also been wonderful to meet and work with Kimberley Kates, a lovely vision who is also one of the producers of Sucker and a head honchette at Big Screen. Big Screen Entertainment will be releasing their new horror flick Babysitter Wanted on Blu-Ray and DVD in the USA on May 25, 2010. Amazon is taking pre-orders now, click on Blu-Ray or DVD in the prior sentence to pre-order yours now. Watch the trailer for it here. You can also watch it on PPV or VOD!
The Deka Brothers--Ben and Julien
6) My interview with Roborobb is up at last! Listen to it here! I’m not the best interviewee…don’t judge me! Thank you Rob for the interview, I think you covered a lot of bases. 😀 You can follow Rob on Twitter!
7) This weekend, besides working on Sucker, I’ll be doing an (probably my last) extra role on the feature film JINN, playing an insane asylum inhabitant…all kinds of crazy, that’s right!
And I think that’s it for updates!
One last plug for friends, my buddies J-Thrill and D-Train of Thrill Train fame, have their song featured in a student film, “Camp Chapel”, and you can check it out on Youtube here, or just view it below:
As always, stay fabulous my lovelies! Until next time!
March was truly a blessed time for me! Here are the big updates.
1) I was cast for a print ad for Brunswick, which I had to travel down to Chicago for. A lot of fellow Michigan actors/actresses were cast as well, including my friend, My-Ishia. We definitely held our own on the shoot, along with the Charlie’s Talent Agency talent from Chicago. We had to do many different setups over two days in the Brunswick Zone XL in Algonquin, IL.
3) Voice acting is another field I’d like to add to my acting resume, and I have just received the chance to build on that dream. I was cruising through Craigslist the other night and saw a posting for voice acting auditions for a CG-animated sci-fi feature called The Phoenix Armageddon. I dropped by the audition, and the next day, got the call that they wanted me for one of the leads! It’s a local, indie project, so there may not be pay involved, but I’d love to add it to my repertoire regardless. We have our first cast meeting tonight! I’ll be running over to Detroit for that in between being on set for…(leadup to #4)
4) I am the makeup/hair assistant to the lovely and talented Andrea Syron on the feature film Sucker, starring Michael Manasseri and Jordan Trovillion. Today, we get to do some sfx makeup. Or at least Andrea does, and I hope I get to help! Puncture wounds!
In other news, Qing Lou Nu has been submitted to many festivals with the wonderful help of some very generous friends. Now we just have to wait with fingers crossed…
Red Dawn‘s premiere is slated for Wednesday, November 24th, 2010, Thanksgiving Weekend! Look for my giggle/scream scenes in that!
For more regular updates, feel free to follow me on Twitter.